5 Signs That Your Loved One Needs Assisted Living Care
As your senior loved one’s family, it can be hard to tell if staying in an skilled nursing facility is the best thing for them. Plus, once you talk to them about it, you never know how they might react. But it’s still the most important thing to help your loved one age comfortably and peacefully, whether at home or in a facility. Therefore, you should know if they require nursing and caregiving support now. To help you with this, listed below are a few signs that your loved one might need skilled nursing:
- If your loved one easily forgets things, they might be suffering from memory loss. If they forget about their medication, their doctor’s appointments, or how to perform certain tasks, you can take it as a sign that they need professional help.
- If your loved one often feels lonely and isolated, it can result in anxiety and depression. This is all because they live alone and have no one to talk to. Living in our skilled nursing facility in Cambridge Drive Lexington KY means they will get the chance to meet people and make new friends.
- If your loved one behaves differently, such as wearing the same clothes repeatedly, putting objects in places they shouldn’t be in, or choosing not to perform certain tasks, they could use the assistance of a caregiver. At Cambridge Place, they will only be in the care of the best nurses.
- If your loved one has wounds or bruises, this could be from slipping, falling or tripping over things, which means it isn’t safe for them to be living alone. They could end up getting hurt even more if you continue to leave them at home by themselves.
- If your loved one is losing weight, you should check on the food they eat, if they’re eating right at all and if the refrigerator is filled with healthy food. Sometimes, if senior patients struggle with tasks like cooking or preparing meals, they choose not to eat well.
A skilled nursing facility like Cambridge Place can be your second home where you don’t have to do any of the cleaning, cooking, laundry or grocery shopping yourself. Moreover, you will be in a healthy and happy environment of excellent carers and people just like you. Through the recreational activities our skilled nursing facility in Cambridge Drive Lexington KY offers, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet new people and socialize.
Cambridge Place is an excellent choice for your parent. Our skilled nursing facility in Cambridge Drive Lexington KY is open to you today!
This entry was posted in Health Care
and tagged Home Care
, personal care
, Respite Care
. Bookmark the permalink